Wilson Veterinary Hospital is one of the few general practices that provide minimally invasive laparoscopic (“keyhole”) surgery for companion animal patients. The advantages of laparoscopic surgery are abundant. These patients typically have a sixty percent reduction of pain post-operatively. They have less chance of surgical site infection and incisional dehiscence. Likewise, these patients have a recovery that is about half as long as normal. Altogether, less pain, less postoperative complication rates and less recovery mean your pet can get back to living a normal life faster without many problems. At Wilson Veterinary Hospital we can perform the following surgeries laparoscopically.
- Laparoscopic Spay
- Laparoscopic Gastropexy (stomach tack to prevent GDV)
- Laparoscopic Cryptorchid (abdominal) neutering
- Laparoscopic organ biopsy (liver, kidney, gastrointestinal, pancreatic, prostate)
- Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy (adrenal gland removal)
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Laparoscope assisted cystotomy (urinary bladder stone removal).
- Laparoscope assisted splenectomy